Eastwrey Barton was originally East Wrey Farm, dating back to the 18th century. Granite posts now mark the entrance to the old driveway, through what is now the garden, leading to the front entrance. The features of the old dairy can still be seen in the current walk in larder. The original building was extended in the mid 19th century before the sun rooms were added in the early 20th century. Eastwrey Barton has been a hotel since the 1950’s. Throughout its long history it is still served by a spring in the garden, providing pure fresh drinking water.